The underwriting department at WCF has an immediate opening for someone who can demonstrate the WCF values to join their team as an Underwriting Account Manager, reporting to the Manager, Underwriting. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in WCF’s Sandy, Utah headquarters. This position is open to internal candidates only.
The person in this position assists and partners with assigned underwriters in managing, servicing, and growing books of business, underwriting new and renewal business, and providing a high-quality customer experience. This is accomplished by supporting underwriters in the process of receiving, reviewing, documenting, and servicing business to enhance underwriter productivity and provide excellent customer service. The person in this position runs and review reports with underwriters necessary to grow a profitable book of business and prepares the new and renewal accounts for timely underwriter review. The Underwriting Account Manager teams with Underwriting Assistants to issue policies and complete endorsements.
The most qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Prior insurance work experience preferred.
- Multiline or multistate underwriting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills required, especially in Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate well with supported underwriters, team members, producers, and management.
To apply visit our website at WCF.com and click on careers or use the following link: