The underwriting department has an immediate opening for someone who can demonstrate the WCF values to join their team as a full-time Senior Underwriter, reporting to the Manager, Underwriting. This posting is open to internal and external candidates.
A senior underwriter applies sound underwriting principles and risk analysis to form an underwriting assessment of accounts. This person underwrites new and renewal accounts and services policies with premium levels up to $250,000. This person manages a book of business to achieve premium growth, retention, profitability, net rate, and other KPI goals. The senior underwriter provides exemplary, timely, and personalized customer service and serves as a knowledge resource for internal and external customers. This person also meets with assigned agencies and producers to review progress in business goals and accounts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, math, business, or related field.
- At least five years of workers compensation underwriting experience.
- Multiline underwriting experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of NCCI and state bureau manuals, rules, and classifications.
- CPCU, ARM, CIC or similar certifications preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, analytical skills and curious.
A candidate should have six months in his/her current position. Candidates should have acceptable job performance and a good attendance record in their current position and must notify their current supervisor that they’ve applied for the position.
Opening: 2020 | Closing: