We are looking for an Outside Property Claims Adjuster/Appraiser.
This position will be responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of Property Loss claims, including on-site inspection of home damages, written estimate of repairs or replacement using our estimating software. Responsibilities of this position also include assisting the Underwriting department with home inspections for the purpose of analyzing risk. We are looking for high standards of customer service relations, including prompt contact and follow up to resolve claim issues and investigations to reach an expedient resolution.
This position may include physical expectations such as: Climbing, to include ladders, scaffolding, etc.; Balancing, involving walking, standing, and/or crouching on narrow or slippery surfaces; Stooping, which may require full use of the back and lower extremities; Kneeling; and Crawling, by moving on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Qualifications of this position include:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and public relations skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to resolve conflict amicably
- Understanding of and compliance with the Utah Unfair Claim Practices Act
- Understanding of policy coverage and legal analysis for payment of claims.
- Working knowledge of computer software for Home appraisals
- Working knowledge of home estimating, with an emphasis of water related damages
- Working knowledge of construction repair
- Two years prior property loss estimating experience
- Three years prior claims handling experience
- Clean driving record
Human Resource Director